Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Documentation Tool

For years I've been using ZScreen to grab screenshots for documentation, so I went to download it for my new laptop and found that it has been deprecated. This is always a scary moment for us. Something we have grown to depend on has been take away (you can get old versions here) and replaced with something they assure us is better.

Apparently they've replaced it with ShareXmod, which sounds delightfully like they are moving towards a more social solution. Indeed, their first image displays all the pre-configured connections to social media web sites.

So, after downloading and installing I started with a simple test CTRL+PrntScr.

Perfect.
It automatically saves to My Pictures in a Date Created sub directory and also to the clipboard.

Every tool should be this easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment